CURRENT OPEN POSTITIONS
|Payroll and HR Coordinator
Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll for the company. Performs a variety of human resources support activities in the areas of employment, benefits, record keeping and administration.
•Processes accurate company payroll according to established deadlines
•Ensures accurate and timely submission of contribution to the company's 401K plan
•Ensures bank transfers are completed as needed
•Maintains accurate employee data in the payroll system and responds to payroll inquiries
•Resolves payroll tax related issues with payroll provider or 3rd party taxing authorities
•Responds to outside requests for payroll information, i.e. government requests and verifications of employment
•Processes terminations and other off cycle checks upon request
•Reviews Timesheets for non-exempt employees ensuring compliance with CA labor law
•May prepare payroll related journal entries and reconcile payroll related general ledger accounts
•Ensures that benefit deductions reconcile with insurance carrier invoices
•Review and reconcile monthly benefit invoices and forward to A/P for payment to meet required deadlines
•Creates bank transfer documents for FSA plan activities
•Track new hire benefit enrollment dates, generate enrollment packets, process enrollments, changes and terminations in HRIS and via benefit carrier websites. Processes updates to the COBRA service provider
•Participate in the annual Open Enrollment process, preparing materials and assisting with employee education
•Assists with recruiting including job postings and ads, applicant tracking and resume distribution, interview scheduling, and coordination of drug and background screenings
•Prepares new hire packets and coordinates temporary and regular employee orientation sessions
•Manage HRIS processes, including data entry and maintenance of employment-related information
•Generate HRIS reports as required by internal and external sources
•Assist in coordination of annual employee programs and events
•Maintains personnel records, files and databases
•Assists with temporary hiring and orientation processes, including contacting staffing agencies to request temporary staff and harvest hiring
•Responds to routine unemployment, disability, and other employment-related information requests, including verifications of employment
•Maintains I-9 records, track re-verification dates and follow up as necessary to ensure legal requirements are met
•Other duties as assigned
•Certified Payroll Professional with 3 plus years of payroll processing for a company with 100+ employees in multiple states
•3 years Human Resources administrative experience
•Experience with ADP Workforce Now and NAV software a plus
•Proficient in payroll practices, principles, regulations, and procedures
•Strong English/Spanish verbal and written communication skills
•High level of computer proficiency in MS Office with HRIS experience preferred
•Excellent employee relations, teamwork and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all departments and levels of the organization
•Must be highly organized, accurate, detail and multi-task oriented and able to handle confidential information and situations
•Ability to maintain composure and communicate professionally when working under pressure, or meeting deadlines
•Valid CA Driver’s License with the ability to be insured by the company’s insurance carrier
•This position operates in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
•Physical Demands the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 45 pounds
No calls to winery please.
Under limited supervision, the Maintenance Mechanic performs a wide variety of skilled mechanic duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and modify mechanical equipment and facilities.
•Repairs and maintains all production machinery, tools, storage tanks and systems.
•Assembles and installs mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment and systems.
•Performs preventative maintenance on all winery equipment, HVAC equipment, refrigeration equipment, waste water handling equipment, and plumbing equipment
•Performs limited installation of new equipment and systems
•Performs facility maintenance including all buildings, grounds, process wastewater systems, and drainage systems
•Performs preventive maintenance program on selected winery equipment systems
•Oversees complicated repairs, modifications, and installations on buildings, grounds, equipment and vehicles as directed by the facilities maintenance manager
•Troubleshoots equipment or systems and makes recommendations for required repairs
•Must be able to complete work orders including tracking parts and materials required to complete the work order
•Other duties as required
•High school diploma or GED required
•Must have Journeyman level knowledge and experience in electrical, plumbing, machine/winery equipment repair and stainless/aluminum fabrication
•5 years winery experience or Industrial Maintenance required. Well rounded knowledge of winery operations is helpful
•PLC experience preferred
•Must know proper use of safety equipment and safety procedures
•Must have basic math skills
•Ability to conduct web searches and use Outlook required
•Must be able to stand, walk, grasp, push and pull up to 100% of your day. Must be able to bend, squat, climb and reach frequently. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
•May require weekend and shift work with required overtime during peak periods
No calls to winery please.
Plans, organizes, directs and controls the activities and staff involved in the design, construction, coordination, modification, maintenance, safety and compliance of company facilities and equipment.
•Ensures all winery equipment is properly maintained and in good working order
•Responsible for repairs on all winery equipment
•Must have the ability to implement immediate repairs on all critical equipment to keep downtime to a minimum
•Responsible for 1500 ton chilled water plant operation and maintenance.
•Record and track all wineries utility consumption and make recommendations for energy saving programs
•Develops plans and programs responsive to present and anticipated space and facility requirements
•Manages construction activities to ensure attainment of budget and schedule objectives
•Evaluates the qualifications, professional capabilities and reputation of architects, general contractors, sub-contractors and service contractors available for bid consideration
•Directs and works with design professionals, staff consultants, and contractors in the design and development of new facilities
•Works with department managers to provide facilities support and implement new solutions to meet each department’s needs
•Provides design and space criteria and coordinates final approval of facility designs
•Investigates and evaluates new materials, systems and equipment which may benefit the company in its facilities programs
•Responsible for the employment, employee motivation, training, counseling and discipline of employees supervised
•Creates and implements the annual budget for building maintenance, grounds keeping, compliance and safety
•Works with safety manager to develop, implement and communicate a comprehensive safety program for the winery in accordance with local, state and federal regulations on occupational health and safety
•Works with all level of the organization to gain buy-in on our safety programs
•Responsible for monitoring, maintaining logs, and reporting for the requirements of governmental agencies such as SRWQCB, Yolo-Solano AQMD, Yolo County Hazmat
•Other duties as required
•Experience/education required: Requires a well-rounded knowledge of facilities design, construction, administration and maintenance as would normally be obtained by a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related technical discipline and seven years of progressively responsible facilities development/ construction activity, including the supervision of related staff
•Computer skills required: Word, Excel, Outlook, Auto Cad and tank temperature control
•Work Schedule: Normal business hours. Must be available 24/7
•Experience in managing a maintenance program for wine processing equipment, mechanical equipment, electrical equipment and large pumps and motors
•Experience managing the design and construction of major construction projects
•Experience managing a safety program
•Experience in winery compliance including reporting to RWCCB, County Hazmat and OSHA
•Physical requirements: Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds, frequently walks or sits and work at a desk while using a computer and phone, occasionally climbs a ladder, walks on catwalks, bends, and squats.
•Travel requirements: must have a valid driver’s license and must be insurable by the Company’s insurance carrier. Travel limited to local
|Wine Laboratory Technician
Efficiently and accurately performing all enological analyses on wine through the various winemaking processes to ensure quality control in the finished product.
•Collect tank and barrel samples for routine monthly analysis and report visual observations of wine condition
•Accurately perform and report all analyses for review in accordance with established procedures
Ensure precision and accuracy of analysis by troubleshooting, calibrating, and standardizing laboratory equipment and reagents
•Recognize out of range wine analysis and take action, communicate, reanalyze
•Perform a complete evaluation of the bottled product to ensure quality control
•May assist with quality control measures including: package detail evaluation in relation to package standards; all necessary laboratory analysis pre and post bottling and comparing results to blend standards; performing sterol plating for monitoring microbial presence; and may assist in all bottling line QC procedures during bottling. May update and organize laboratory bottle library for quick access
Harvest duties include:
•Routine monitoring of fermentations and provide an accurate account of progression
•Performing various analysis on incoming crushed fruit and ensuring results are promptly available to winemaking team
•May sample grapes in the vineyards and analyze juice for maturation levels
Post-harvest responsibilities include:
•Monitoring wine for the completion of both primary and secondary fermentations, along with performing basic acid trails and stability trails for future storage soundness
•Completion of college level coursework in a science. Bachelors preferred
•Knowledge of lab analysis and methodology
•One year experience working in a lab environment expected, experience in a wine production facility preferred
•Must be quality focused, punctual and reliable
•Must be detailed oriented
•Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
•Must be team oriented and willing to assist others
•Must be able to work long hours when needed during harvest
•The lab contains hazardous chemicals. The cellar and barrel warehouse present a challenging environment: hot and cold, wet, slippery and often noisy. Must be able to walk up and down stairs, ladders and mobile platforms. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, walk, bend, twist, and be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
No calls to winery please.
The Lead Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining the buildings, property and grounds at the Tasting Room facility including but not limited to landscaping, janitorial, minor maintenance, and event setup and breakdown. They will be responsible for the installation of new landscaping systems including minor grading, soil preparation, small retaining walls, irrigation, & planting. The Lead Groundskeeper will provide work leadership to two full-time janitorial employees and temporary employees on an as needed basis.
- Performs grounds keeping work, maintaining and caring for assigned landscaped areas.
- Landscaping will include maintaining existing planting, irrigation, and landscape structures and responsible for adding new planting, irrigation, and landscape structures
- •Lawn area
- •Tree trimming
- Cultivates and fertilizes lawns, plants, shrubs and trees.
- Prepares soil for sowing seeds, waters turf and ornamental ground covers, sprays and reseeds turf.
- Operates grounds keeping equipment including, but not limited to, power and lawnmowers, power-edgers and blowers.
- Sweeps and maintains sidewalks, driveways, building entrances and other assigned areas.
- Responsible for all plant irrigation systems.
- Responsible for the completion of general maintenance/janitorial work as outlined below:
- •Ensuring the buildings, offices, restrooms are clean
- •Ensuring the decks, eaves, patio area, and parking lot are clean and safe for use.
- •Responsible for minor maintenance at the facility:
- ••Changing light bulbs
- ••HVAC filters
- ••Minor repairs to plumbing systems
- ••Ensure waste water system is properly diverted
- ••Ensure waste water tank is emptied when full
- ••Communicate with Hamilton Road maintenance staff on all major maintenance items
- ••Coordinate with pest control company
- ••Minor maintenance needed or work requested by someone at the facility
- ••Maintain teak furniture, inspect for any loose parts
- Provides work leadership to janitorial staff through assignment of work, review of progress, monitoring of results and training.
- Coordinates and may perform custodial tasks such as sweeping, mopping and waxing floors; dusting and polishing woodwork, maintaining premises in a clean and orderly manner
- Operates commonly used types of power cleaning and polishing equipment, fixtures and equipment; washing windows, walls and lavatory facilities.
- Assists in the movement and relocation of furniture, equipment and machinery as required.
- •Set up and clean-up for all onsite events
- •Store and maintain all event equipment including grills, tables/chairs, umbrellas, lights, etc.
- •Coordinate event parking staffing
- •Deliver mail between Rd 144 and Hamilton on an assigned schedule
- •Take recycling, glass and cardboard from Rd 144 to Hamilton
- •Special projects as requested by the Bogle Family
- •May help coordinate janitorial staff when assisting with Bandwagon shipments
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years’ experience in landscaping & minor maintenance
- Complete knowledge of landscaping systems including piping materials, fittings, sprinkler systems, low voltage control wiring, & planting materials
- Ability and experience using power tools
- Basic working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, & HVAC systems
- 1-2 years’ experience leading or supervising employees
- Self-starter, who takes initiative and seeks continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Working conditions in and around a winery/tasting room can be hot or cold, wet, slippery and noisy, and involves exposure to potentially hazardous conditions. Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds, bend, kneel and twist occasionally and stand for long periods of time – up to 8-10 hours.
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and key responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and key responsibilities.
No calls to winery please.
|Skilled Bottling Maintenance Technician
Perform maintenance work at journey level with minimum supervision and/or accountable for leadership in bottling machine operation.
• Monitors & follows up on job assignments.
• Provides assistance to bottling line personnel in performing work assignments.
• Ensures work procedures are conducted in safe manner according to safety program.
• Assists in on the job training.
Advises manager of equipment malfunctions.
• Provides feedback to manager on individual and work group job performance concerning equipment.
• Provides feedback to manager on assigned job tasks.
• Knows and follows company policies and advise manager of policy infractions.
• May provide job instruction to shift personnel.
Duties/Essential Job Functions
• Handle maintenance projects in bottling / warehouse including;budgeting, filling out appropriate paperwork for project materials, and implementing project.
• Record keeping/update on machinery, maintenance, downtime, activity log, preventative maintenance schedules, in progress machine operating procedures.
• Coordinate work orders.
• Advise attainable deadlines and accomplish work within agreed time period.
• Repair equipment respective to specialty area.
• Able to perform all functions in specialized area.
Research & recommend products and procedures.
• Record keeping, logging, inventory parts and supplies.
Keep maintenance records.
Working knowledge of all bottling equipment.
• Submit requisitions for parts & materials.
Fill in on bottling line as needed.
• High school education or equivalent
Minimum 3 years’ experience with high volume packaging lines - with knowledge of bottling line equipment preferred.
• Wine industry experience a plus.
• Must be able to work any shift.
• Must be able to stand, reach, grasp, push and pull, for up to 10 hours/day.
• Must be able to carry, walk, bend, squat, and climb occasionally.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
No calls to winery please.
Interested in joining the Bogle team? We'd love to learn more about you!
to apply for employment, please download and complete our application and e-mail along with your resume to :
Please fax your resume to
916-744-1187 or apply in person at:
49762 Hamilton Road
Clarksburg, CA 95612
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, it is the policy of Bogle Vineyards to prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information