Under the direction of the Bottling Manager the Bottling Line Lead is responsible for the direction, output, and overall performance of the bottling line and team while promoting a team oriented environment.
• Set up daily bottling employee work rotation.
• Mentor and Lead. Leads by example (strong work ethic).
• Directly responsible for assigning daily tasks and monitoring the output of the team.
• Assigns employee breaks and lunches and covers accordingly.
• Identify employee training needs, schedule and document training and follow through to accomplish the desired results.
• Ensure employees have a safe working environment and use proper protective equipment.
• Communicates closely with Bottling Manager on performance issues, procedures, and policies to insure overall consistency.
• Provide recommendations for disciplinary action.
• Provide immediate performance feedback to employees on a daily basis.
• Make recommendations for facility, equipment, and process improvements.
• May be asked to participate in or lead the monthly safety meetings.
DUTIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Perform all duties on the bottling line and operates all bottling equipment.
• Operate Lines to meet production and QC standards set by bottling manager.
• Prepare daily instructions for equipment sterilization and wine delivery per bottling schedule.
• Responsible for following procedures to sterilize the bottling lines and equipment.
• Operate hot water boiler for sterilization.
• Responsible for following procedures for operating the filtration system in the bottling department including filter integrity tests.
• Responsible for following procedures to deliver sterile wine from the bottling tanks to the bottling fillers.
• Operate pumps and move hoses as required to deliver wine to the bottling room from the bottling tanks.
• Gauge bottling tanks when required.
• Effectively communicate with other Bogle departments such as quality control and maintenance.
• Responsible for maintaining filter inventory and various bottling pumps, hoses, clamps, and gaskets.
• Place orders with Bottling Manager for filters and supplies.
• Interacting on the floor with team members.
• Hands on support.
• Follow-up on jobs to insure accuracy and completeness.
• Work closely with bottling manager to insure maximum utilization of resources and clear concise communication.
• Troubleshoot and problem solve.
• Keep current daily production logs.
• Insure that all technicians have the proper tools and operational equipment to successfully carry out their assignments.
• Responsible for reporting to bottling manager any faulty equipment.
• Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or equivalent
2-4 years bottling line experience with progressive responsibility
Experience in a food /beverage production facility preferred.
Must be able to operate all bottling line equipment and lift trucks
Must possess demonstrated leadership skills.
Must exhibit a strong work ethic
Mechanical aptitude is required.
Good written and oral communication skills.
Must be quality focused, punctual and reliable
Must be team oriented and willing to assist others
Must be able to work both a typical day and swing shift hours
The bottling department is a noisy environment when the bottling line is running. PPE is required. Must be able to stand, reach, grasp, push, and pull for extended periods of time. Limited bending, squatting, climbing, and reaching are required. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
No calls to winery please.